It is important that the following accreditation information of Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary be understood by anyone who is considering becoming a student, prior to their admissions into our school.
1. Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt religious organization and is authorized by law to grant religious degrees in the State of Maryland. The State of Maryland requires that the following be stated: “Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary is a religious institution operating in the State of Maryland pursuant to an exemption granted by the Maryland Higher Education Commission, without a certificate of approval from the Commission, as specified in the Code of Maryland Regulations 13B.02.04.”
2. On September 1, 2008, Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary became a fully accredited and affiliated university of the Oxford Educational Network, through Wolsey Hall, an adjunct college affiliated with Oxford University in Oxford, England.
3. Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary holds accreditation with the Accrediting Commission International (A.C.I.), which has a membership of over 320 schools, colleges, universities, and theological seminaries in thirty-nine of the United States and in eight countries around the world. It is the world’s largest non-governmental accrediting body.
4. Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary is not a “Title IV” school, nor does it hold a “Regional Accreditation,” such as the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (M.S.A.C.S.) or the Transnational Association of Colleges and Schools (T.R.A.C.S.). Because Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary is not a “Title IV” school, it does not receive any State or Federal funds in the form of grants, loans, etc., nor is it eligible to accept scholarship funds through programs such as the G.I. Bill.
5. Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary does not guarantee the transfer of course credits or degrees to other institutions or organizations, since our accreditation may not be viewed as being on the same level as theirs. Since many denominational religious organizations do not accept course credits or degrees from outside their particular systems, graduates from Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary may be required to repeat courses already taken.
If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact Pastor Ed at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-410-634-9005 - 9am to 5pm - Tue. thru Thur.